FDOT’s Emergency Restoration of Pine Island Road Causeway and Bridge, motorists can expect temporary, intermittent lane closures with flagging operations along CR 78 (Pine Island Road) from west of Little Pine Island Bridge (Bridge No. 120111) to west of Shoreview Drive.
• Next week, April 30 to May 6, crews will begin clearing the construction zone, installing temporary asphalt and installing a low-profile barrier.
• Beginning in June, crews are expected to begin driving sheet pile in the south side of the roadway.
• Pedestrians and bicyclists are not permitted within the construction zone.
• Expect noise from construction equipment in the area.
• Please use caution and watch for workers and construction vehicles entering and exiting the roadway.
Please be patient and plan for additional travel time as it may be slower than usual in the area.
For additional information, visit the FDOT project web page at https://www.swflroads.com/project/451937-2